Monday, August 13, 2012

Changes

Argh there is so many changes occurring at the moment!

We are getting prepared for our move back to Townsville....And I say prepared in the mental and physical sense.

As much as I found the first year away from family a challenge and having a newborn away from my close circle, I love it here. I am settled. I am not so homesick now. I have a great bunch of friends here. I love the area and discovering new towns and just driving through the wineries.

But now I am mentally preparing for the move back. A move to where life is comfortable and easy and cellular. It is funny when I think back 2ish years and the dread I felt about leaving and I now have that same dread. This is different though. I know that I will settle back so easily into life in Townsville and we will not venture far as per normal as Townsville is very cellular. ie everything you need is there. The beautiful Strand, decent shops, great entertainment. Life will be comfortable. I will be amongst my girls again and up to shennanigans, I'll be getting stuck into the gym and getting fit and healthy. I will thoroughly enjoy being back with my parents. But I will feel a longing for Singleton and the Hunter Valley. This has been the worst few years for us financially than it has ever been... it is a very expensive town to shop in, hence why I go to Rutherford.. 40 minutes up the road to shop... Plus there is Aldi.... oh how I will miss you Aldi.. Your cheap nappies that rival Huggies more than any brand has! Your yummy Ricotta..The weetbix that Eleanor loves more than the well known brands. But the savings are truly amazing and I hope Townsville gets one cause it will be awesome! We have the demographic there but who knows. I look forward to shopping at the markets though and trying out Sprout that everyone talks about.

Mentally I am just not ready to move back. I think also I am struggling as I know that Andrew is putting in to Core Transfer to Raeme which means a trip back down this way to Albury at some stage. I just don't know if I want to move all the way up and then prepare myself again for the angst of leaving friends and family again to move. I just want to be settled but not in Townsville.

Oh the joys of the army life!

No comments:

Post a Comment