Tuesday, August 28, 2012

What an awesome day to what the hell am I thinking!!!!!!

Saturday was an awesome day!!!! Seriously awesome. I took part in a Fundraising Boot Camp where Margie from TBL guested. Start off with the bootcamp... Bloody awesome. I loved it and loved pushing myself hard!!! oh and can I say I loved the tyre pulls. I found it a challenge to ensure every time I did it that i was running with the tyre and not just walking the bloody thing. I know that it was a charity event but I took it as a boot camp and an exercise session at that. The only thing I found hard was the Rope run and that was running with the rope in one hand above our head and then swapping hands as the pt said and then using two hands. As we headed over the bridge the cold air got me good and I felt like I had asthma big time. It was like breathing in granules. I dropped out and was a disappointed in myself but I walked fast until over the bridge and then jogged down to the lights to meet up with everyone. Took up the rope again on the way back but as soon as we hit that bridge I died. Got back into it on the other side and quite easily handled the stair sprints.... oh and Turkish getups suck big ones as does burpees lol.... But I seriously had an awesome time and it made me realise that I am struggling big time with just the gym and maybe need to start working some classes in on my cardio days.... ooh and on a quick note. I hate weights!!!! really hate them. i don't enjoy them at all!!!!!!!! maybe it is because of the bloody ridiculous show pony boys who hog the weights and stare and make you feel shit for being in there. I seriously want to say " fuck off staring at least I'm bloody working my arse off!" but I don't have the balls to do that. Toni you need to come and sort them out!

ok now moving on to Margie. What an inspirational woman. She is so friendly and down to earth and I loved meeting and working out with her! When I got a pic and autograph at the end I asked her about the mental games... Right now I struggle mentally with losing weight. Staying true to my course and not throwing in the towel. She said that I need to focus on me and do it for me before I do it for anyone else... To know that my body will do whatever my mind believes that can be done to it... Just basically not to give up on me... as I am all my body has got..So I am not giving up...

I am pleased I did it and got to meet her. Was awesome!!!!!

So you are wondering the "what the hell I am thinking" is all about?!?!?!
Well I agreed with Toni to do  Tough Mudder next year. WTF!!!! I am seriously wondering where my sanity is at. I want to do it though. I want to challenge myself physically and mentally. I want to know that I can do anything I set my mind to. I know that it is going to be crazy hard and I know that I am going to have to train my arse off to be ready... but I want this.... The only person who can tell me that I can't do this is me... And I say a big resounding piss off I can't!!!!!!  So bring it on.. Found some training guides on the Tough Mudder site so will incorporate that into my cardio training one day a week...

See how I go :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment