Friday, August 10, 2012

August- NewMonth NewGoals


 
August how I welcome you into my life!  I really have had a shit July! No progress on the scales or in measurements. Sick kids and myself. No focus.. To be honest just all round crap! yep blah blah blah excuses excuses excuses...

Well it is day 10 in August and I have exercised every day this month . I have really watched my food intake. I am struggling with water and really need to get this on track. Water really is essential to weightloss. So I am making an effort to drink 2 of my bottles which is 1 litre  and one extra one of those when working out.

I feel like the old mindset is setting in and I need to break out of that. Doesn't matter how many people kick me up the bum if I can't get my focus back then no amount of butt kicking will help. I do think that having not blogged regularly has not helped either so I will do that more too. Just to keep my mind on track and vent if needed etc.

You know sometimes you get the mind where ok yep I'm feeling good about my body, feeling healthier etc etc and then you lose your way as you get comfortable. Well I am not comfortable....that is what I have to keep telling myself. I have not achieved what I want to. 15+ kgs is fabulous!!!!!!!! Don't get me wrong... But I still want to get to roughly 80kgs and a size 14, I am currently about 102kgs (yes not weighed properly in a while) and size 18 some 16. So this is no where near where I want to be!

Preparation is key so I have cut up vegies ready to make salads as quickly and easy as can be. I am planning my snacks and just trying to get back on track. I am making sure my calories are not too high and also the carb content. Trying to keep carbs to morning or lunch.

I had a great chat to my PT Annie on Tuesday and she was really good. Gave me some great advice and I have put this into action.

I am really killing it in my cardio sessions pushing between 500 and 600 calories in an hour. I am being focused in my weights sessions. I make sure my form is right and I am pushing as hard as I can.

So exercise is not my issue. I love exercise. I do it 6 days a week. Sunday is my rest day though due to the last few days of July not working out with sick kids I had to make up some time. I will be resting this weekend though.

So food. Here is my typical day. I will put the timings of my food too so if you see anything wrong let me know.

7am Breakfast- 6egg white omelet with spring onion, capsicum and mushroom. (sometimes I add a rasher of short cut bacon though not always. I may also add one whole egg)
OR Quick oats with 1/2 Cup Almond Milk- will switch to rolled oats once my plain sachets of quick oats are gone
Fish Oil tablet

830am-  take my Dfine 8 and l carnitine

9am- start either my weights program or cardio session
I drink Xtend whilst I work out

1030am- finish session with Protowhey shake and L-Glutamine
May have a banana or apple once I get home

1230/1pm- lunch. Usually the same thing though may have left overs too
100gm Chicken with Moroccan Spice, mixed lettuce leaves eg baby spinach Rocket etc, red onion, capsicum, roasted pumpkin sweet potato and beetroot, baby tomatoes, lebanese cucumber.

330pm-  handful of nuts, Brazil, Macadamia, Almond, Walnuts and cashew. All are raw not roasted or salted
OR Apple with tablespoon of Natural Organic Peanut Butter YUMMINESS if you have not tried this!
OR Protowhey Smoothie-  Scoop of Protowhey, cup Almond Milk, a couple of mixed frozen berries or 2 berry Antioxidant Smoothie Cubes, 1/2 banana and a tbs of LSA mix. Delicious!!!!!

Dinner-  this is various though these are the meals I rotate with through the week
~ Chicken Parmigiana w/ salad or green veg
~ Clean Spinach and Ricotta lasagna w/ salad or green veg (I make a big batch and then freeze slices) I have cut them smaller than a normal serve lately to cut back on the carb content.
~ Moroccan Chicken Salad same as lunch
~ Steak and Veg with clean mushroom sauce
~ Clean Lean Beef Tacos
~ Salmon or home made Salt and Pepper Calamari w/ green veg
~ Home Made Pumpkin Soup

Now in these I use only Ricotta Cheese, natural yogurt, no crumbing though maybe with Almond Meal. In the lasagna I use Mountain Bread though I have recently used Mission Rye Wraps for the lower carb content. With the tacos I don't use taco shells I place my ingredients in Cos lettuce leaves (thanks Ali for the idea) or I'll toast off some Mountain bread wraps though I have not done that in a long while.

I am trying not to count calories but I will for the next couple meals to make sure I am hitting the minimum daily target of 1200 as advised by PT. But I need to keep track of all the other nibbles too.



I don't have any desert but I may have a hot choc made with my Protowhey but this is rare.

I am looking to change my meals up a little next grocery shop for variety. So I am currently scanning FB

Oh I must say that I may have found what has been impeding me with weightloss and I think this has come from the Ashy Bines program and some confusion there. She promotes the FBW or Fat Burning Walk. Which is a fasted session upon waking. Well I don't work out straight away as I am at 9am. So suggestions were made to at least have a banana. So I was having a banana and then doing my session and then having the shake.  I think after talking with Annie and my friend Jacque that I realised this was possibly what is having the negative affect. My body was not getting any real substance until after my workout. Since Tuesday I have changed this and having breakfast no later than 7am so that it is 2 hours between my food and workout especially cardio for the fat burning effect. I feel a lot better for it. Will see in a fortnight if there is any change on the scales. I say fortnight as to allow body time to adjust and also for being smack bang in the middle of girlies!!!! There is more structure to my food timing now so that should help.

Anyway enough from me as I have a house to clean. a shower to be had and some fun with my little cherub...

Any suggestions ladies please shoot them at me as I am happy to hear any :-)

until next time ...

2 comments:

  1. Ok, you need to make sure your 3.30 meal has protein (every meal should), so having your whey shake is good but if your just having nuts and fruit then where's the protein? You should not be having your protein shakes on milk, just water, cut out the taco's for dinner - bad carbs at night are a no no... and with the Lasagna what are you using instead of pasta???? hopefully eggplant or something like that... Other than that your doing AWESOME.. love lots

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, you need to make sure your 3.30 meal has protein (every meal should), so having your whey shake is good but if your just having nuts and fruit then where's the protein? You should not be having your protein shakes on milk, just water, cut out the taco's for dinner - bad carbs at night are a no no... and with the Lasagna what are you using instead of pasta???? hopefully eggplant or something like that... Other than that your doing AWESOME.. love lots

    ReplyDelete