Monday, August 13, 2012

Woot!!!

that I finally saw how far I have come since beginning my lifestyle adjustment.
I tried on a dress that I had not been able to fit into EVER and it fits nicely.
I brought the dress off ebay 3 years ago and it was a bargain. Couldn't even get it over my boobs!!! Was such a nice dress. My friend Hayley is getting married in September and I thought I best start thinking about what I will wear... scanning cupboard.. nothing... ooh wait what do we have hear.. nah it won't fit me who am I kidding.. I debated whether to try it on as I didn't want to feel bad about myself.. Eleanor said ooh mummy try it on it is pretty. So I obliged the cherub.. I couldn't believe how easy it went over my chest and down my waist and hips!!!! So excited!!! I did a little happy dance... which Eleanor joined in without knowing what I was dancing for ha ha. She took a pic of me in it and I don't think it does it justice and I won't be posting it anywhere.

Trying the dress on has given me such a reassurance that I am on the right path and that I am slugging my guts out for something! The scales may only be showing small losses but wow trying that dress on is showing big losses!!!  It has given me the resurgence in my desire to get to my goal weight/size. To stay true to my path and I will get there. It is 100% clean eating for me from now until the wedding....and beyond of course but I am going to be very strict with myself so that I know that I have done everything needed. I will only allow myself a treat of Max Brenner hot choc whenever I go to Newcastle rather than a day or meal cheat :-) oh and before you freak out Toni it is probably only fortnightly I go if that :-)

ok so I did promise also I would post my meals. So here is today.

Breakfast
1/2 cup of oats and half a cup of Almond Milk, sprinkling of ground Cinnamon

Mid morning Snack
shake after work out and 1/2 banana. (my Protowhey shake is made on water)

Lunch
2 poached eggs, 2 large mushrooms lightly cooked in coconut oil, baby spinach and rocket, slice of Burgen Rye ( I would not normally have eggs for lunch as this would be my breakfast some days but i felt like eggs as I have had oats the last couple of days)

Arvo Snack
Pink lady apple with tablespoon of Organic Peanut Butter

Dinner
100 gms of Moroccan Chicken, mixed salad leaves, shallots, fresh beetroot, self roasted capsicum, drizzle Balsamic vinegar, tbs Ricotta dolloped on. I wish I had roasted sweet potato but none :-(

Ooh and I have to say having my breakfast at 7 before I work out at 9 has helped me immensely with hunger through the day. I had a massive cardio session today and I had a mass amount of energy. I wouldn't even say it was due to the Dfine 8 but more so that I had something in my belly upon waking.

Ooh my friend Toni stated on a previous post to have more protein in my snacks.. Ok so the peanut butter is a protein source. Is that not enough?? What other ideas for snacks steering clear of Ryvitas and other crisps type of foods due to the no/minimal carbs after 2pm??? In my nuts I am having Almonds which is a protein source. Is it that I am not having enough protein in these snacks?

In my lasagna I do use Mountain bread as the sheet in place of pasta though I tried another wrap type of bread the other day which was lower in carbs. I will be making my lasagna this week with none of that and incorporating coarsely mashed sweet potato/pumpkin and roasted eggplant into the layers.. so stay tuned for the recipe for that one.

Till next time xxx

2 comments:

  1. you shouldn't be eating enough peanut butter to get a decent amount of protein out of it, i have a teaspoon when i have it, it does contain good fats but needs to be kept in very low moderation... what about some egg whites instead or another protein shake or a tin of tuna or salmon (in spring water of course) with some cottage cheese with it??? Or how about some grilled chicken with some avocado so that your getting your protein and good fats (only have a quarter of an avocado), you will be surprised how nice the chicken tastes with avocado mashed on top of it... so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and Fucking WOOT alright, you are doing such an amazing job, you need to learn to have more faith and confidence in yourself.. your amazing.

    ReplyDelete