Thursday, June 28, 2012

Lindy Olsen's 7 Rules to Success

Ok so I thought I would try and get back some positivity that is lacking in this mind at the moment. SHITTY BLOODY COLD WEATHER!!!!! I stumbled across this article in my daily search on the net. Thought I'd share :-)

Lindy Olsen's (editor of Oxygen Magazine) 7 RULES OF SUCCESS!!!

Rule 1 - ALWAYS eat a LEAN source of protein at every meal. You can get your lean protein from many different sources. Some of these include chicken breast, lean beef, turkey, fish, kangaroo and egg whites. Eating enough protein is VITAL for muscle growth and repair not to mention other essential ...bodily functions!!

Rule 2 - Always eat 5-7 meals EVERY day about 3-4hrs apart! I always eat 5-6 small meals each day in order to keep my metabolism on fire. If you skip brekky the chances of your metabolism becoming slow and sluggish is increased significantly. I want to make sure my metabolism stays revved up and in top gear throughout the day

Rule 3 - Eat your Greens.. Try to eat at east 5 servings of vegetables a day, as a means to help boost immune function and reduce risk for chronic disease. Remember restricting any one of the major food groups can lead to a macronutrient imbalance and corresponding vitamin and mineral deficiency.

Rule 4 - Every 9 out of 10 meals you have, has to be in your plan. In other words if you are eating 5 times per day, you would eat 35 meals per week in total. Effectively 3.5 of them can be your choice, within reason of course. I call these my junk meals, so try to find out what combination works best for you and stick to 300-600 (no more) junk meals (cheat meals).

Rule 5 - AVOID sugar and limit your complex carbs (starchy carbs) with your last 2 meals unless training! Hidden sugar is the number one enemy for most "saddle bag" sufferers and is a major reason why many people fall short of reaching their health and fitness goals. Read your food labels carefully and try to avoid rich sauces and fatty dressings that contain large amounts!

Rule 6 - Drink at least 500ml of water with every 10kg of body weight (60kilos = 3litres of water per day) Water is my number one weight loss secret! It has no calories, sugar or fats and is a great way to quench your thirst without adding to your waistline. Many people often mistake thirst for hunger, so if you drink plenty of water throughout the day, you may need less food to..

Rule 7 - MOVE MORE! Try to get yourself moving each day for a minimum 30-45minutes before your day begins. When you get outdoors for a walk or hit the gym just remember to schedule it in before the day ends. I find best to get it over and done with first thing in the morning. That way if I am tired from a hard days work, it doesn't give me an excuse not to do".
 

Soooo these are pretty straight forward and simple in all honesty. Very easy to incorporate them in our daily life.  Rule 6 though you are so so so true. I am struggling with this colder weather to get my water in and I feel shit for it. I really do. I feel dehydrated, my skin feel sdry, I am head achey and just yuck. I know that the water is a big thing and it really is an inportant instrument in weight loss but also in just general health and wellbeing. I am making a more conscious effort though to drink it so I will get there.

So what Rules do you need to live by or start incorporating in your daily grind???
Hope you found this as intereting as I did :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment