Thursday, March 22, 2012

Crazy!!!!

that is what life is at the moment. I feel like I have no time for anything, but then I don't feel like I am doing anything.

I think it may just be tiredness catching up with me. Lucille has been crazy unsettled this week and I am not sure why. I am thinking teeth as there is no other visible signs of anything else. Today though she seems much better. Thank the stars! Still a little bit clingy but not like yesterday. She is having a sleep now. I am going to get stuck into cleaning so that when she wakes if she is a little clingy monster then I am ahead. I wanted to jump on treadmill and do some weights but might wait for arvo sleep.

I am so proud of how well I am adjusting to the new eating style. It really is easier to cook clean wholesome meals. It is so easy once you are prepared with pre-cut salads eg tomato, onion, capsicum, cucumber, fresh beetroot. Then it is a matter of throwing it all together.  Tonight I am going to make a clean version of Chicken Parmigiana. Basically that is throw some chicken breast in the pan to cook. Whilst that is cooking just get a jar of Passata (tomato sauce low in sugar and sodium) heat slightly in a saucepan then add some garlic and basil. I will be adding some chopped mushrooms, grated zucchini. A little salt and pepper to taste. Then in an over proof baking dish put some sauce on the base of the dish, then the chicken on top then spread the rest of the sauce over the chicken. Add a tablespoon of Ricotta over each chicken breast and bake in the oven at 180 degrees for approx 25 mins. OH SOO GOOD! Will post a pic. I am trying my hardest to not have food packed full of preservatives. So fresh fruit and veg and meat and then spices to taste. I eat Jalna Greek Yoghurt. If I have to crumb anything then I use Almond meal to do this. Will learn to make my own almond meal too!

We all really should try and eat cleaner as food these days are so packed full of preservatives. Eleanor loves Chicken nuggets and we all know how much they are not 100% chicken. I tried and failed making my own. But my friend Cindy gave me a link to some preservative free options and I also got one from the clean eating forum I am on so will try them. I have no dramas getting her to eat Veg it is just the meat side of things. See how they go.

oooh and don't tell Andrew but I don't mind mowing the yard. It is still a suck arse job and I still believe it is a Male's job BUT I do appreciate the physical aspects of it and know I am burning some serious calories in our yard doing it!!! So once the boy is back I MAY do it again though he may not let me as he agrees it is his job :-) Oh and I sure as shit won't be whipper snippering!

If you need a good work out with the kids... plop them in the washing basket and run up and down the hallway a few times.. like 10 times with it.. Was such a workout. I was seriously puffed.  My legs and butt were burning.. That is escalated when Eleanor says mummy run faster!! The funny thing was after we finished she put her toys in the basket and ran up and down the hall way and I could hear her puffing. She walks out to me in the kitchen and says ... Jesus that is hard work mum!!! love it.. she says the funniest things. I'd be lost without her

No comments:

Post a Comment