Saturday, March 31, 2012

hmmm I sit here trying to think of an awesome title to this post to sum up what I am going to say but just can't think of anything that truly captures it.

I have been feeling so good the last month and I will say it is due to the exercise and eating. I was sliding into a dark hole and was really struggling. As I've posted before so many things going on and just not dealing with them... as those who know me know I don't :-( I'll help anyone with their issues and always there for anyone but find it hard to let others do the same for me.

Since I have been dieting .... hold on not "DIETING"... Um eating healthier and also exercising I feel that my soul is a lot happier. I don't feel so stressed out about things and the world seems more positive. I know there are things I can change and there are things I can't. Spending my time stressing over these things are not going to make my life any better. I wake up thankful that I am alive, that I have the time to correct my health and lifestyle. That I have a loving husband even if we are not in the same house together for a great length of time these days. I have two of the most beautiful, good natured, healthy girls who I love dearly. I have an awesome family who I miss terribly and wish we got to see each other more. The best group of friends. Sure I am not in the financial position I want to be but I am on unpaid maternity leave so I know that will be rectified once working again. Sure I am not at my goal weight, but I am working on it daily. Sure I miss family and friends from afar but I have some great ones here close by too. I guess you just have to look at what is right with the world sometimes and try to forget about what is wrong with it.

I just had a great visit with my sister Tracy, her partner Kevin and my niece Layla. It was so nice to have them here and to spend some quality time with them. As Tracy can agree we have had our issues in the past, but that is where these things should lay.. in the past. It was nice to exercise together and chat and it was just wonderful. Was sad to see them go :-(

Apart from one morning which was Thursday morning where I chose to sleep in we were doing something. A run/walk every morning before breakfast. It was great. It showed me I can get out with the girls first thing in the morning. Lucille gets her cranky pants on though so I guess having the two of them before breakfast in the pram may not be ideal but it worked. Friday I did my own session that I just love. I do 20 minutes on the treadmill on varying speed every couple of minutes and alternating the incline. But my speed does not drop below 6.5kmh. Then I pop on Michelle Bridges Tight Toned Terrific dvd and do 2 rounds of the Chest and Back, Triceps and Biceps, Leg Conditioning and Abs work out. Then back on the treadmill for 15 minutes. I will be heading back to the gym this week too to get a variation back into my routines. I am due my reassessment so will get that done within the fortnight.

Andrew got back early last night and it was lovely to see him. He has certainly noticed a difference and devastatingly it is in my boobs he reckons lol . Pfft Men!!! I want it in my hips, butt and stomach. It is gone there too he says and he can really notice. But of course the boobs is the saddest part lol.

Tonight I made him my clean Chicken Parmi
So here is the recipe.

  • 1 chicken breast  ( sliced length ways to make two pieces.  I weigh them to make sure mine is no more than 100gms)
  • cup of almond meal
  • 1 egg whisked
  • tin of organic diced tomatoes (check there is no added sugar)
  • 2 cloves of garlic minced
  • tbs of Gourmet Garden Basil (can use fresh or jar also)
  • 1/2 onion diced
  • 1/2 jar of Organic Passata (available at Woolies. If Singleton has it then it should be available anywhere lol)
  • 1/2 cup of olive oil. You can use sesame or any other oil I just prefer to stick with olive oil
  • 1/2 cup of low fat Ricotta (you can use Cottage Cheese)
Whisk egg in a bowl. Dip the chicken pieces in the egg.
Place the almond meal in a separate bowl and  place the chicken in it. Coating each piece.
Heat the olive oil in the fry pan and brown the chicken
Once browned place to the side on a plate with a couple of sheets of paper towel to catch any extra oil.

In another fry pan, brown the onion, add the garlic and basil. Once aromatic add the passata and tin tomato.  Let this simmer for 10 mins.

In a baking dish place some sauce on the bottom, then add chicken, the rest of the sauce. Top with the Ricotta on each piece.

bake in oven for 25 mins.
Serve with some mashed sweet potato and steamed greens.

DELICIOUS!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment