Thursday, March 1, 2012

Loving life and exercise

wow who would have thought that you could say loving exercise??? No seriously.... who? I always thought of it as a chore. Something you did when you wanted to lose weight. You didn't enjoy it you just did it. A means to an end  or whatever that saying is!

I have really been enjoying my exercise, but mostly my eating.

I have struggled to get my food in order to enable my weight loss and health goals to be accomplished. I have tried the calorie counting, toyed with Weight Watchers and a few other programs. Even lite n easy as I have mentioned before. What I have settled on is a clean eating lifestyle. By clean eating, I mean a diet (and I don't mean diet diet just what goes in my mouth) of healthy salads and veggies with protein. My friend Jacque said it simply the other day. "if it doesn't come form the ground or plants and walks around then I don't eat it" I suppose it is really trying to go back to eating the way of the old. No processed food. Everything all natural. Try to limit condiments to minimal if any, use natural sweeteners if needed and reduce carbs.

So now my day is like this.
2 poached eggs
slice of wholegrain toast
rocket and baby spinach leaves

snack is some chicken or ham. I just eat it like that. Simple and quick or I will have an apple, banana or pear.

Lunch is a big green salad with some ham, bacon or chicken. I add shallots, capsicum, tomato, fresh beetroot, mushrooms.

Snack is some natural yogurt or Ryvitas with cottage cheese and ham.

Dinner is a serve of protein with salad or steamed veg. I make omelette's using egg whites or stir fry. Will try nachos on Mountain bread. Quite a lot of different things I can still make while maintaining clean eating. I have been doing this since Monday now and I can tell you that I feel good. Maybe a little low on carbs as headaches every so often but it is that time of month too so maybe that is it AGAIN! I already feel my tummy not as bloated and I jumped on scales this morning which I normally don't do before Monday but I have a massive loss so far so will just see how I go. I know that everything is going into my body which is healthy. I'm eating now to fuel it not feed it. I think for once I have really gotten my head around food. It is not counting calories, points, carbs it is just eating well. I am going to make some Berry Muffins tomo using Almond Meal. Will post pic and recipe once I've done it. They look delicious!!!!!!

Tonight I made a yummy salad. Forgot pic though. I had 100gms chicken breast seasoned with Moroccan Spices. Cooked on the grill plate. The added this to baby spinach and rocket leaves, olives, capsicum, shallots, mushrooms, 1/4 avocado and 20g Feta. Now I know that Greek Feta is not the best option and maybe I should go with goats milk feta but that is like a million bucks and I'm not paying that to get my fix. This was the yummiest salad ever!!!! if you haven't tried Moroccan Spice then do so. It is delish!!! I have brought all sorts of spices Paprika, Tarragon, Cumin to name some. I am so excited to stop buying the store pre made marinades and mixes and to be doing my own thing now.  Tracy I will have so much we can try out when you come. It will be yummy I promise!!!!!!

oooh and WATE R WATER WATER!!! I have increased my intake so much. I feel that is helping now too. The one thing I must work on is the bed time. I am still not getting in early enough. Tomorrow will be day one of getting to bed at 830 9. No excuses! I really need the rest for my body to recover from the exercise and just because our bodies do need it. So I will get on to that!!!!

oooh and I tried a Zumba class today for the first time ever. Oh boy did I love it!!! It was so much fun. Shit the moves can be hard but with practice I will get there! I felt we were doing a lot of squatting with moves and my thighs are a wee bit sore tonight. It is a matter of getting our bodies used to different movement. So I now have 2 fave classes. Zumba and Spin! My hills and then of course my gym session.

I can say I love exercise!!! I really do love doing it. And now finally with my food sorted I'm looking forward to great things!!! Stand by and watch peoples.. A girl with some goals to get now :-)

no going backwards now. Sure there will be some slip ups. I'm human after all....but these will be so minor compared to past slip ups and failings.

Bring on a new day!!!!
night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment