Friday, March 2, 2012

Rainy Day... can't exercise... Pfft whatever

So when I wake up this morning I think crap what a day to be still in bed!!!! Lucille didn't agree though unfortunately and then of course Eleanor awake shortly after her :-(

I hadn't booked Lucy into Gym creche and to be honest other than taking Eleanor to preschool I didn't want to be out in the rain. The moment we walked in the door I was taking my clothes off and getting my workout gear on! I didn't give myself time to change my mind or anything.

With Lucille in bed I jumped on the treadmill. My aim was to due intervals on the tready and not stop until I burnt 500 calories. 15 minutes in and I was bored ha ha. So I jumped off ... ok don't stress it is not the end :-) So I started with 20 triceps dips, 20 push ups on knees (extended not just straight down if that makes sense. Not easy option the slightly harder version of easy), 20 situps, 20 squats, 20 lunges (10 each leg forward) , 20 over the fence jumps (using the table as the bench and an imaginary bench of course). Kettlebell swing things. Like they do on biggest loser and as done with Toni. (I grabbed one of the dumbells and had 5 kgs on it. As no kettlebell)
Then back on the treadmill for 15 mins. Always no lower than 6kmh and varying the incline up every 1.5mins. I was alternating walking and running for 1.5mins at 7.5kmh. Boy did it kill. Then once 15 mins finished I was back doing the same circuit. Once I got to the last over the fence jump I had only burnt 419 calories so I did a few more but then did lunges and squats until I reached 500 calories!!!
I had so much energy when I finished I scrubbed our en suite and gave the bedroom a dust and remade the bed! Lunch was 4 Ryvita with avocado, tomato, capsicum, baby spinach, rocket and deli ham. Oh so delish!!!!!!!  I then had a Blueberry Scone for afternoon snack. YUMMY!!!
These are so good and so easy to make.

Berry Scones

Serves 6

2 Eggs, beaten
1 cup Almond Meal
1/3 cup Natvia (natural sweetener)
1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence
1/2 cup Berries

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 190°C and line a tray with baking paper.

In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients, except for the berries, and mix well.

Gently fold the berries into the batter and use a tablespoon to drop 6 evenly spaced scones on the tray (about 2 heaping tablespoons for each scone).

Bake for about 15 minutes until scones begin to lightly brown.


Now the mix came out weird. Well I thought it was weird compared to other batter but I think it is cause it is Almond Meal. They have a very different texture but sooooo yummy. Well I thought so anyway. It could have been using frozen blueberries so maybe next time I will use fresh berries.

Regardless.... very yummy!!!

ooh and for dinner I had a piece of Spinach and Ricotta Lasagna that I had saved from a previous dinner. Added some rocket and baby spinach to this as a side salad.





No comments:

Post a Comment