Tuesday, February 28, 2012

How I turned a yucky task into a positive one... still don't like it though

So I had the dreaded lawn mowing to do, blah. I hate it with a passion. I have only ever done it once before this. Well maybe as a kid but I am certain I traded chores with my brother and sisters with this one. I hate it. It is the one chore that I think belongs to a man. Yes yes I know we are all equals and there are women out there who love it blah blah blah but not me. I hate it. I am quite happy to say it is not for me and I don't want to do it.

Anyway so I posted about it on FB and my friend Natelle and sister Tracy said why not get my HRM on and see what calories I burn. Ok so it became a challenge then. I continued to grapple with the idea of paying someone to do it, right up until I started it. But then it was on.

an hour later and I burnt 434 calories! not bad effort!!!!!! Was quite pleased with my efforts actually. I will admit it wasn't that bad mowing and I am sure there are worst tasks out there, BUT I do not look forward to next time!!! Yes I know that while I live away from my dedicated father who does our lawns for us that I will need to do it again at some stage! :-( poo bum wee :-(

Oh well it was definitely a win though with calorie burn!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment