Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter period--- hit or miss :-)

Ok I am pleased to say that even today Easter Monday I have only eaten 2 solid mini eggs!!! Woot go the willpower!!!

I am trying to be strong with my food and stay on track. I am now down to 107.8kg!!! Very excited and almost 10 kgs away from where I was at my heaviest!!!!!! I am so never ever ever going back!!!!


I am loving my workouts and feel so fit! I know that I am as when I did a sprint this morning up the hill I did not get past 172bpm!!! I recover quicker too. WOOOOT!

Ooh and I put on a dress today that I have not work since before I fell preg with Eleanor and it fits nicely. Wouldn't say it is a perfect fit but it looks nice and I am comfortable to wear it in public! Sooooo Excited!

I am thinking of taking the girls and heading down to Sydney to spend a few days with Hails and James. Andrew will be working and of course but it will be nice to get away. I will be sure to pack my runners as Hails has awesome hills near her and I died last time we went down so it will be nice to see my fitness now on them. I won't have any trouble with food as Hails is doing weight watchers and is great with her eating. Plus I will be walking around the shops etc.

As I weigh in at 107.8 I get excited!! This means that I am closer to double digits! I am soo excited I can't even put it into words. I will get there and beyond! It is not a matter "will I" but "when I" get there I am going to scream like a little teenage girl hanging out with her friends and a cute boy walked past and gives her a wink lol.. ok maybe not that kind of scream but it will surely be a memorable one.

ooh something that has my goat at the moment is an article that was on 60 minutes last night. Has my bloody boiling. I will see if I can post a link to the segment here. http://sixtyminutes.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8447228

basically the theory is that we have this so called fat gene that means in our DNA we are predetermined to be fat and no matter how hard we try our bodies or this gene will keep telling us that we are hungry and to eat. Now that is bullshit. Sorry but it is. What a cop out. After the 10 week study of 50 people they were given info on what to eat and not to eat and they all put the weight on and then some. Um ok let's factor will power in etc etc. Did any of these people get lazy and just eat shit cause they were no longer in this study??? I think the Professor in the USA has it dead smack on! These people lost the weight and have successfully kept the weight of because and I quote "this time I was more committed to behaviour change and this time physical activity was a bigger part of my regimen than it was in other approaches.” The comeback from the Australian professor was like it was obsessive to work out daily. WTF!!!!! SO what we all should do is sit on our fat arses and eat what we like cause well shit I have the fat gene!!! No way!! I don't buy that for a second! Whatever happened to doing some form of physical activity for 30 mins a day as that is great for cardio health, for our hearts and lungs and circulation etc. Sure there is some physically fit people out there who do a lot of exercise, run marathons etc. People might say I do a lot. I don't think so but then I also love exercising. I am dedicated to exercising for my health. Sure once I am at my goal I may not exercise 6 days a week but I sure as shit will be keeping active and not getting into old habits though I am sure I still will. That is why people put on weight. Not because the diets don't work and yes there is some shitty ways out there to lose weight and should not even be tried but programs like Weight Watchers, Calorie King, Body Trim and just a cleaner way of eating are the way to go. They teach you about food and what to eat and when and how much. The problem is people want quick fixes. hell I've even wanted them before and tried them too. But I am sure as shit not going to lose any weight if I sit on my arse and do nothing and eat shit. I don't believe the Fat Gene theory for a second and I want to see some "real" proof before I believe it! And I mean Medical proof not just a test of 50 people who returned to old habits. I MAY believe it if they lost all this weight and CONTINUED to eat the same way they had on the trial and nothing changed at all that instead of continuing to lose weight that they put it back on. If you are eating sugary crap then of course you will go back to your former weight and then some.  I just can't believe it when I see for myself in my own situation what eating well does for the body. Food intake is everything. Oh wait ok maybe I don't have the "fat gene" and that is why I am doing so well.

I just think that all it gives us is a reason to not do anything and be fat lazy slobs! I think the biggest thing is we need to want to change. Without that, the yo yo will just continue. I know for me my drive to be successful adn want to lose weight is higher than it has ever been. Being overweight and unhappy is no longer an option. You have to want to do it for yourself and accept that the shit you used to eat has no place in your diet anymore. That is just my opinion anyway.

I am sure once you watch it that you will have some opinion on it. I know Toni and Carolyn share my viewpoint :-)




Just some motivationals that I think are really fitting after this story!

1 comment:

  1. Goooo girl I sure as shit don't have the fat gene ... After my text to u n my little sob - thanks btw for listening - I went n ran 10k sure it was slow but I ran because I am a runner and every morning since I have ran and done burpees- which by the we didn't do when I was there- so since Friday when I weighed to my sneak peek this morning I have dropped 1.5ks n I have had no junk and my first coffee this morning .. I taking a leaf out of your book n eating cleaner then I have before - learning fundamentals of paleo and so forth - perhaps I may eventually get rid of some of my meds for my gut- but the rest of the benefits clean eating brings will b awesome... And if a k or 2 come off so be it...
    I look forward to seeing your continued success much love sweet... Your your own success story .... Tracyxxoo

    ReplyDelete