Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Stress--- is not good for the soul

Andrew and I are having some major hurdles at the moment. I think the biggest one is financial.
I think we thought we could manage on the one wage until Eleanor went to school but it is just really draining us financially. We have some big decisions we are trying to make and let's be honest I AM STRESSED OUT AND WANT CHOCOLATE!!!! I seriously do. BUT I will not give in. I have been reading, drinking lots of water, tidying the house and just doing all sorts of things to keep my thoughts occupied. Well my hands anyway. I want to get to my goals too much to let this stress beat me.

Today I went to the gym and had an ok session. I say ok as I got there about 930 and got Lucille into creche. She is a grumpy bum and has mummy separation issues. I think that is why I am glad I sent Eleanor at 9 mths as she didn't have much of that. Anyway by the time I got into my session it was time to get Lucille as the creche time was up. I didn't fit in my leg stuff as people on the machines and just didn't want to stand around wasting the valuable time. So I did get a solid 10 mins of interval training on the tready instead in the end. Loved it though.

Get to creche and Lucille is asleep. She never does that. She had been asleep for 10ish mins and is terrible to transfer. So I decided let her sleep and I will go for a walk. Loretta who did my program was taking a group and doing a session on my route. I see the girls doing stair sprints and I am like yep that is what I am going to do. So when they walked off I hurled my arse up the steps. Started with single steps running up, then recovering on way down. 2 stairs at a time then recovery down. Sprinted up the stairs and recovery down. Oh god it felt great!!! Really loved it. Couldn't believe my fitness. Sure they killed but they were so much better than I have ever tackled. My legs got me up and down. I did about 15 mins of solid throwing myself into it. I only stopped due to Lucille screaming as she woke. Really loved it. Will be doing that again!!! I thought I could do some sessions on them in the arvo when Andrew is home.

ooh and my HRM worked perfectly. I think overall including my gym session I worked out for 1hr 28 mins and burnt 657 calories or something. I don't have the watch with me now.  But it was over 650 calories I know that much. A good session all up.

made stir fry for dinner. it was shit. The flavours were nice but the beef strips were so tough. I don't know if it is from using extra lean beef or that it was Aldi meat. Though I have used them before and not had any dramas so maybe I overcooked them or something as my mind elsewhere. Had a yummy chicken salad though. Ooh and breakfast was two poached eggs, 2 large mushrooms dry fried, baby spinach and rocket, short cut bacon strips and a slice of Helgas Rye. ( I really want to make my own Rye bread but reluctant to try it in my breadmaker in fear of failure and wasted ingredients. Will bite the bullet soon I think)

No comments:

Post a Comment