Sunday, May 27, 2012

Some New Goals and determination to boot!

so I was sitting here tonight watching 60 minutes and there was a segment about a lady who turned 40 and wanted to do something with herself. So she did the Iron man in Melbourne for her 40th. It was the answer to her midlife crisis and what could she do with herself that was meaningful other than having one kick arse party. It didn't hit her when she was 30 that she was getting older it was when she turned or was turning 40 that she realised she was aging. Brought tears to my eyes when she finished. She didn't care where she placed but she just wanted that accomplishment of finishing.

I know how she feels. I guess my journey is slightly different though. I want to get to my goal of losing weight, that is my finish line. And of course staying there, somewhere between 80 and 75kg. I really have a tough road ahead but then I guess it is as tough as you make it. Time to get my game head on and just do it. I know that watching this segment and watching her fulfill her goals has made me determined.

My younger brother Ben used to do triathlons years ago . He was great at it and I loved watching all the competitors. The ones who were the professionals, then the die hard competitors,  and then those who did it as a fitness goal or to achieve completion. I want to do it. I have always said I loved them and wanted to do them. That was in my mid 20s. What better way to top off getting to my goal weight and being physically fit then to do a triathlon. Being back in Townsville next year will be perfect. I will gain my fitness this year, lose my weight and then focus on training.


I am I kidding myself to think that I can get this goal??? No I don't think so. The body achieves what the mind believes right!? I have wasted so many years being unhappy with myself. Just going through the day to day motions of living. I have 2 beautiful girls who are my world and being fit and healthy is of massive benefit to them.

I will focus on my weight loss and building up my fitness and strength and then focus on this. Swimming lessons is a big thing and to get into a swimming cossie again would mean to focus on my weight loss more. So I am now more determined to do that. My focus and fire in the belly has been renewed :-)

So here is some new goals;
  • focus on my weight loss and get to goal by end of year 75-80kgs
  • build on my ability to run starting with 1km non stop and then work up in distance from there
  • look at participating in fun runs and gain experience with "competitive" lifestyle
  • work on cycle and swim.
  • research triathlons and distance. Find clubs and coaches. Research training plans and just get some general information about this.
I know that I will enjoy this as that sense of accomplishment is what I desire. I have loved watching triathlons and I love all 3 sports. I sent my brother a message to see if he was keen to join me next year at Noosa! I know he has wanted to get back into it. Maybe this will be a bit of a push for him. Or he'll just laugh and think I am an idiot for wanting this. Nah he won't think that. He will just want to express how hard the work will be to get there and to let me know that it won't be easy. I know this as I know how hard he used to train! I'm not kidding myself. I know I won't be able to do this by just losing weight.

I am so stoked and know that if I want to achieve this then I need to be 100% committed!!! Sure I may have some niggling doubts that I can do this but with research, training and that wee little thing called determination I can get there.


So who else has set themselves some goals??



oooh and for me to get into running I need to shift this weight and to get me some new damn shoes!!!!!

Look out fitness world!!!!! Wendi is on her way :-)


Today is the day I have decided that I want to become a triathlete!

No comments:

Post a Comment