Monday, February 27, 2012

another awesome day... and then

ok so I rang the gym this mornign and the creche was full so I missed out on Spin. Was fairly bummed but knew if I didn't stay keen then I'd do nothing.

Got dressed for a walk, dropped Eleanor off to pre school and then when I got home I packed Lucille in the pram and of I went. I was going to do a treadmill session but I knew I'd push myself harder outside.

So I did the usual turn left out of our driveway and when I got to Wattle Ponds I did some sprints. I felt so good! I did 4 sprints. Cut through the park and again some step ups. Loved it!

Anyway was feeling so good. Close to burning 500 calories which I knew would happen by the time I got home and then I walk past a house. Ok no big deal I've walked past heaps of them in my travels. This one had a gorgeous shirtless guy walking out to the bin. I felt really self conscious. I felt like what the hell, he'd be looking at me thinking yeah keep running you need it! I kept justifying in my head over and over well that is ok I am out doing something but that voice in the back of my head kept putting those negatives back in my head. yes yes I have a husband who finds me attractive but we want to be found attractive by the opposite sex too. It's just human nature.

So rather than get home and just eat my feelings I turned the negative energy into a positive and ran. I jogged the almost kilometre home. No stopping. I was farked. The sweat was dripping from my eyes and was stinging them but I knew I had worked hard. I burnt 541 calories in 1hr 2 mins! Was awesome!!!

I will have the external beauty that matches my internal.

No comments:

Post a Comment