Tuesday, February 7, 2012

So excited!

Today I was invited by my friend Jacque to join her and another friend at a meeting with a PT. The PT runs a class at the gym called Fusion. Serious work out apparently. She is an ex army PTI so is fit and toned as.

Our meeting went through where we are at food and exercise wise, what goals we would like to achieve and what we are are willing to do to get there. Now some may think this is a little too much effort and if I do my own thing I will get there and you don't need  PT to do it. Well I am a woman who has 30+kgs to lose, have numerous health issues and need to get sorted asap. If I don't have Toni here in Singleton to kick my bum in some sessions then I'll not get anywhere. I thrive on that kind of motivation. Someone to tell me to push that little harder than I am giving.

So she is going to do a program up for us to use for the gym and home, go over a weeks worth of nutritional info and then let us know where we need to tweak it, and do a PT session weekly or fortnightly (depending on our own funds. One income families is hard when paying already for gym membership)

I really like her. She seems like she will tell you like it is, push you when you need it and be compassionate when the need is there. She actually reminded me a lot of Toni. She didn't look anything like her but her personality struck a chord with me. I am so excited to  get started with her.

She said that trying to eat nutritional whole foods is the way to go and eat less processed foods.  I advised that I had started the Michelle Bridges program again and was following her 1200 calories. She said that she was really good at what she did and it was a great programme to follow. She still wanted me to write down a week of food so she could see what I was doing especially when substituting foods. I may not be doing it right.

The one big downfall she said that mums with young children have is that we finish of our kid's food. You know what ... she is right. Numerous times in the morning I have eaten my breakfast and when the girls don't finish their toast I'll eat it or sandwich at lunch. And when I think about it, these are not calories I am counting. That would also count for when cooking. Those forkfuls "when testing" whilst cooking become calories not counted. I guess it would seem like overkill if you were to count these as well but it can mean up to an extra 200+ calories unaccounted for. When trying to lose weight that can add up to a successful week.

So I will add into my goals for the week to;
  • throw the girl's food in the bin immediately once can not be finished eaten or saved for later on for them.
I am really excited about having a program done for me and having a great variety and someone to push me. I need to do this for myself but also so that my girls have a mum around for a lot longer than her health at the moment, plans her to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment