Sunday, February 26, 2012

Proud as Punch

Friday I decided that I would walk to Eleanor's school and get her. It is about 4.5kms there, so 9km round trip. It was quite warm so really not one of my best ideas though!!!!

Loaded Lucille in the pram and she loved it. I walked and ran a little. I must be getting slightly fitter as I couldnt' believe how much longer I could run than in past efforts.

There is a massive hill leading up to the preschool. I always thought it would kill but it didn't. I won't say it was easy but I didn't struggle. It was so damn hot though. God it was hot!!!!  Not until it cools down will I do that again!

Oh and on the way back I realised that the front tire was dead flat!!! So pushing Lucille and Eleanor's combined weight of about 30kgs was tiring. I struggled so much on the return. More so as I think the heat really took it out of me. I would like to do it again when it is not so hot and really see my fitness.

So this is my reward... and yes it is a reward. my legs killing and the feeling like I am dying is a reward. I know my body loved it!
Felt so good to achieve this. I burnt about 550ish on the way there and the rest on the way home. I actually had to get Eleanor to get out and walk at one stage as I couldn't push the pram with the weight on the front tire. I didn't want to wreck it either. Oh and then Eleanor decides with about 2kms to go that she'll annoy the shit out of Lucille who was already on the edge! So Lucille wants out. Thank god I brought along the baby carrier so I could put Lucille on my back and push Eleanor in the pram. Then she wanted out so I was pushing a empty pram! Talk about weight training!!!! With my body already struggling from the heat the extra weight was a killer.

So so proud of me though! I really loved it... oh my god can someone really say they love exercise.... yeah Toni and Tracy! ha ha ha.

Anyway that is my great achievement!

Hope you are all doing well xx

1 comment:

  1. Oh come on... your starting to love it... i can just hear it in your posts, how proud you are of what your achieving... how awesome you feel to be pulling up your big girl pants and just fucking doing it.... OMG i cannot wait to train with you, i miss you so much... and more so lately, the longer your away the harder it gets, big sooky la la i am.. for fucks sake just call me Hamish and be done with it...LOL. cept he has bigger boobs than me. Oh Weno i am so proud of you.. want to give you a big HUG... love love xxx

    ReplyDelete