Thursday, February 2, 2012

Food for today

Ok now I am needing to keep in 1200 calories roughly and try and keep my carbs low and the fat too.

As I have said I am not following any program as I feel that I get that feeling of restriction or "following something" and I don't want that. I have a cook book that I have recipes placed in that I love and have worked out the calorie content  on them and also supplemented some of the ingredients for lower fat varieties. I figured I will be able to eat similar meals as to what I did in the past but just make them a bit lower in fat and lower the carb content or stay away from carb rich meals.

In case you are wondering what I am eating (Toni) my day so far has looked like this;

50g lite ham
slice of multi grain toast
tsp butter
TOTAL CALORIES:                          180
TOTAL SATURATED FAT:             1.7G

Ok so I have not ruled butter out completely yet but I am now measuring it. This will help me to control how much I am having and eventually because I can no longer taste it... give it up completely. I've gone from dipping my spoon into the tub and taking out whatever fits on there aka big chunk to a tsp so I am making changes

My snack for morning tea was a tub of Yoplait Forme No Fat Strawberry:  67 CALORIES

Lunch:
2 boiled eggs
tsp curry paste
tbs 97% fat free mayo
tortilla wrap

TOTAL CALORIES:              332
TOTAL SATURATED FAT:  5.2G


For dinner as it is so wet and miserable I think I will make a stew. Trying to find a nice low fat recipe. I would love a Beef and Red Wine casserole.... hmmmm yummy
 ok I am off to find a recipe.
oh sorry for the whinge before. You know how it is.. sometimes life sucks big ones! But me big girl panties are on and I am dealing with it...


No comments:

Post a Comment