Friday, February 10, 2012

My Omelette (is that how we even spell it???)

SERVES 2 -
1/2 onion, diced finely
2 ripe tomatoes, diced roughly
4 mushrooms, sliced
150g lite deli ham chopped roughly. Tried making it into 2cm squares but was just a rough chop
 (you can use bacon but lite ham brings the calories down and is a healthier option)
4 eggs
2 egg whites
1/4 cup milk (though I didn't add it this time)
salt and pepper to season
1tsp minced garlic
short spray of olive oil
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
spray the fry pan with the oil.
on medium heat cook onion, mushrooms, garlic and tomato together.
when tomato becomes a bit mushy then add the ham
Cook for a approx 3 mins more.
Combine the eggs and salt and pepper in a jug. Don't mix too much. Enough to combine
Poor into the fry pan. Allow it to bubble up in the fry pan then mix it through, crossing the pan from one side to the other, folding it in. It is ready when the egg is just cooked. Don't let it cook too long or it will go dry.
Voila.. Yummy!!!

Andrew had his on toast but I had my serve on it's own. :-)

Will put calories on tomorrow.. I have them written down I just can't pop my finger on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment