Monday, February 6, 2012

Shopping trip

well bugger me I so bloody hate shopping. Like really hate it. I will find any reason to end up buying for the girls if I set out on a shopping trip for me.

As I have mentioned previously I am in need of some shorts and a decent bra.

So off I pop to Cessnock to have a squiz in the Target and the Big W out there. My friend Loretta has moved with her family here recently as her hubby got posted too and I dragged her out with me. Well not long into the shopping trip and I am already over looking for me and start looking for the girls. SERIOUSLY!!! The moment I start looking at the bigger sized clothing and how daggy and unfashionable it is I think nah that's me done. The shorts were all short shorts and I don't do short shorts. Um seriously why provide shorts that barely cover your thighs to women Size 24 and above. Um seriously!!!!! I don;'t mean to offend anyone who is these sizes but please tell me you look good in these shorts. I am currently 16/18/20 (depending on the make) and I would not wear shorts that are mid thighs. Shit I hate wearing swimmers to Aqua but I do... well I have no choice but I do.  So as soon as I see the clothes that I love being in the smaller sizes that is me done... I switch off, no more looking and I move on. Loretta found some great buys but me... nope. Oh wait I did.. for the girls.

I didnt even bother looking at Bras as I have never brought Target branded ones and they don't have anything bigger than DD. Um hello a F here. yes yes every woman's dream to have bigger boobs.... well except mine.. I would gladly take a reduction any day.. Well I will be when the weight starts dropping.... but it'd be nice if it was right now.. I just really want to wear some really nice decent clothes and look at myself like I have in the past.  When I had only lost 10 kgs as per my inspiration photo, I could look in the mirror and say you look lovely today Wen. At the moment all I see is a tired 36 year old woman who is at her limit and needs to drop some weight and feel good about life again. I know beauty is skin deep and deep in my skin is a lovely woman who loves her friends and family to bits and would never hurt anyone she loved or allow anyone to hurt them. A woman who loves jokes but is shit at telling them as she forgets the punchline so often! A woman who is a great confidante, listener, and shoulder to cry on when needed. Who loves to hear laughter around her and share drinks with her mates. But I also want to love the external me too. yes yes it is only skin and we live in a superficial world BUT I am not asking to look like Cindy Crawford (though she is one hot woman and I'd change teams for her!!!) I just want to be healthy. To look in the mirror and see a woman who is healthy and vibrant again. A woman who is a perfect role model for her children. I'm not asking people to tell me I am beautiful, I don't expect my husband to tell me I am. I need to be the one telling me I am.. And I will.. I know I will one day



Oh which reminds me. I thought I had a pair of shorts that I wore prior to getting pregnant. I couldn't find them recently when I looked but thought hey it is certianly worth another look after my failed shopping trip. BINGO, found them. They are not my favourite pair. But they fit nicely and will do for the next couple of weeks.

So I figure it is time to be planning a trip to Erina Fair on the Central Coast asap. I have never been, have heard it is massive and feel like it is the trip for me. It has Myer, Big W, Target, Kmart as the major stores and 300 speciality stores... 300 PEOPLE!!!!! So excited. It is 2 hour drive from here BUT OH SO WORTH IT. Hope the weather stays nice. Due to school times it is not possible to drag Jo, Loretta or Jacque along with me and I want to go NOW!!! Maybe I will just wait and go one weekend when Andrew is away and drag Jo along. Maybe I'll just go to Kotara this week or Charlestown. I could even go to Westfield Tuggerah for something different. Still a bit of distance but something like Erina needs to be done with girls. ..... big girls not just my little girls. I thought about buying something whilst it was one sale to be a goal outfit but I have those already. There is a dress I have kept from when us girls used to hit the Quarterdeck in Townsville for cheap drinks on the weekend. I only wore it a couple times ... I have never really done dresses, never been a girlie girl. But for some reason I have always kept it. I'll take a pic and upload it and I will hang it on my walk in robe door. I'll use it as my inspiration pic..

Anyway enough from me. Time to hit the hay.

No comments:

Post a Comment