Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Honest Report of Today's Food

Breakfast:   234 Calories
45g of Uncle Toby's Protein Plus (3/4 cup)
125ml of Pauls Smarter Milk (1/2 cup)

M Snack:      186 Calories
1/2 Up and Go Liquid breakfast, Choc Ice Poppa
10 Cashews (works out to be 15g)

Lunch:       400 Calories
Zucchini Pattie Doner Kebab. (wrap, 1 Zucchini Pattie, tomato, onion, tabbouleh, lettuce, bbq sauce and hummus)
Disappointed with lunch but will explain my choice later.

A Snack:    243 Calories
bite of Eleanor's cocktail frankfurt. have recorded as a full frankfurt.
Moccona Latte Stick with 2 sugars and tbs milk
1/2 banana

Dinner:      371 Calories
Wendi's Chicken Parmigiana with Mixed Veg

TOTAL CALORIES: 1416 Calories
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok so a bit of a mixed day. Quite a disappointing day really as I am pretty good and stay within my 1200 calories.

Morning started off well and it wasn't until I decided to go to Maitland that it went pear shaped. Other than going to a cafe for lunch there was not much of an option really in the mall. I didn't want to do cafe as it was close to Lucille's sleep and Eleanor was being fidgety and a wee bit naughty. I was hoping I'd find a Subway so I could be somewhat healthy in my choice. So I was left with Donut King and a Chinese place and the Kebab shop. I opted for the Kebab as I really didn't feel like Chinese and it didn't look nice sitting in the trays it was in. The Zucchini kebab was a good option as the meat option can be a bit more higher in calories. Of course the best option would be no Kebab but it was the only thing I could think of at the time. Maybe the Donut would have been better but I figured I'd be getting some nutritional value in my meal as opposed to just fat with the Donut. Normally if I go to Kotara or Charlestown I'd get Sushi or a Warm Thai Beef Salad from Sumo Salad which is under 400 Calories.

By the time we got home and I was stuffing around with the girls my arvo snack was a let down. Well not really, but if had I not taken a bite of Eleanor's cocktail Frankfurt it'd look better. I'm not beating myself up about it but I need to be mindful of this as it is 70ish calories for one. I also love my Moccona Latte Sticks but they are naughty and I really should have tea which I am still better off without but it is a better option when it comes to Calories etc. I can't believe the latte sticks are 78 calories alone. Which I suppose is not too bad BUT when I have milk and sugar it puts it up there. I may try swapping to no sugar in my tea and if I "treat myself" to a coffee then I will use Equal on one of those. Yes they are just as bad for you but I don't do coffee normally and when I do it must have sugar. I will use my coffee sticks as "a treat".

Looking at my day I can see where I need to adjust. Mostly be more prepared when I go out. I wasn't going to Maitland. Andrew had the car at work and then decided last minute to bring it back so I could get some groceries. So I headed to Rutherford and then thought let's go to Kmart which is Maitland. Rutherford would have been fine as there is a lovely little takeaway shop there too.

Normally my snacks I'd have nuts, sultanas, Yogurt or some rice thins with tomato and cottage cheese on them.

So I'll fine tune this :-) get myself organised too now not just the girls if heading out.

Ah wait now before you head off there is dinner :-)

Michelle Bridges has a Chicken Parmi that she does in her programme. And ok it is "alright" but lacks flavour. Hers is about 260 Calories for total meal. She uses just tomato paste as the base which quite frankly I find bland and reminds me too much of a bland pizza base.  She has a tomato and basil salad but I wanted veg tonight.

So here is my healthy take on the Chicken Parmi. I have a  pic too which I almost forgot to take so I've uploaded my half eaten piece :-) When I cut the chicken I ended up with more a piece weighing 125 grams than 175g. As I wanted to weigh it to see how my cutting was :-) So my serve would actually be lower calories but will just leave it as is.

The ingredients serve 2 people :-)

WENDI'S CHICKEN PARMI AND VEG  371 Calories per serve
350 g Chicken Breast (this is roughly 1 chicken breast)
Spray of Olive Oil
1 can (410g) Diced Tomatoes
3 clove Garlic crushed and roughly chopped. (I love chunks of garlic in mine! You can chop finer if that is your taste)
2 teaspoon Gourmet Garden: Italian Herb Blend
1 teaspoon Chicken stock powder
3 Mushrooms
3 tablespoon Ricotta
2 tablespoon grated Parmesan
2 cups mixed veg (I used frozen mix of Broccoli, Carrot, Cauliflower)

  1. slice the chicken in half through the length. Pound these with a mallet to get them slightly thinner. Spray the pan with some olive oil. Just one spray is all I use. Cook these until brown on both sides. Set aside
  2. In a separate saucepan  place the tomato, garlic, mushrooms, herbs and chicken stock. Cook on medium heat until mushrooms is slightly soft.
  3. Spoon the Ricotta onto each chicken breast. Placing half of it on each. Sprinkle with the Parmesan.
  4. Place in oven on 180 degrees for 30 mins. (I left mine in for longer as I got sidetracked with getting Lucille to bed but it was definitely cooked. Leave it until the Parmesan is browned. I leave mine in for 30 mins to ensure chicken is cooked through)
  5. Serve with the mixed veg
LOVE IT!!! Sooo yummy!!!!! As you can tell I had almost finished it before I remembered to take the pic! So I apologise that it is not a better pic. Andrew is not a fan of the Ricotta so much so I added tasty cheese TO HIS ONLY!
You can lower the calorie and fat content I am sure by using fresh tomatoes, omitting the Parmesan but the total meal only had 6.1 so roughly 3gms fat. (I use Calorie King to calculate my meals) I like it the way it is though will use fresh tomatoes next time and fresh herbs. Though I do like the Gourmet Garden range in the Fruit and veg section.

If you try it let me know :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment