Thursday, February 9, 2012

Rocked it in my training session

I had my session at the gym with the PT. She is fabulous. Different lady to the one who did all my measurements. Due to my elbow still being sore I was given shoulder and chest machines to do for now and then leg ones, a bit of ab work, and then some cardio stuff. She pushed me so hard on the treadmill. Shannon's session with Luke tonight well holy shit that reminded me of her. I was at a flat rate of 6kmhr. I was on incline 1 for minute, then 2 for a minute, 3 for a minute and then a minute back on flat level. Then I was on incline for 4 and 5 for a minute each. It is very hard going. Then she says ok let's bump it up to 8! I said "serious?" She's like yep let's go.. I almost broke into a run to keep up with the speed. She was so pleased with me keeping up with it and when I dropped down to flat to cool down it felt like I was running down hill!!!! Strange feeling. I was soooo proud of me. I couldn't believe I kept up with it.

She said that the way I kept my RPM over 90 on the bikes no matter what she through at me in inclines etc she knew I'd handle the treadmill. How cool is that?!?! Already knows me in that I will keep pushing.

I am so stoked!!!! Can't wait to go back again. No creche time available tomorrow so can't drop Lucille off and do a session but I am booked in for Spin on Monday morning!! There is a session called Fusion. The PT I met with at Jacque's the other day, Annie she is the one who runs it. Very hard core apparently. Like a boot camp. I am so keen to do a class. Loretta thinks I need to wait a few weeks as it is full on and a bit more advanced. God I can't wait to get in there. I know what she is meaning though. It is not that she is saying I couldn't do it, it is a very hard class and she knows I will get there. Have to be realistic and not come out with injuries from pushing too hard. Happy to wait it out. Will certainly do my program, Spin, Pump and Aqua classes. I will become a very fit machine soon enough!  I am just pumped that she knew to push me and that I'd respond well!

oooh had a dilemma today. Met my friend Loretta, Jacque and another 2 ladies I hadn't met at McCafe for coffee. Kids could play thankfully. So anyway had a awesome 1/2 strength Latte!!! That's not the dilemma. It was what to eat for lunch as we met at 11am. Nothing on the menu I thought was worthy of eating. Well not after I had an awesome session! Jacque was good too holding out. I felt um I don't know weird that I didn't eat anything. I felt like I was one of those skinny freak women saying "oh no can't eat that it will go to my hips". But you know what I am going to be one of those ladies. I am going to not eat shit cause that is where it is going to go! I want to be pleased about my health and know that I am fuelling my body with good wholesome foods! Sure I can have something once in a blue moon if it really warrants in but I don't want to factor bad shit into my diet. I want to know that my body is taking in only wholesome nutritional food. Sure I can have a chocolate bar but do I "need it" Will my body benefit from it??? The answer to that we all know... Um no. I can hear Toni yelling now. ha ha. If there was ever a freak of a woman out there who does not eat chocolate then it is her. But you know what she doesn't eat it cause she knows it has no benefit and she doesn't like it. Me on the other hand I like it. But I know I can give it up. Shit I got through the worst PMS month ever without chocolate. I know I can do it. My downfall is going to be coffees. But I will allow my treat as I don't have many through the day. Just one coffee occasionally. :-)

ooh and I will walk as much as I can when outside my gym sessions etc. So if I visit Jacque or Loretta etc I will walk not drive. So close and so much easier!!!!!!


Ps: I will post about my food tomorrow. Off to bed for me. 930 already and i want an early night for once. I made a very yummy omelette for dinner so will post that. Forgot to take a bloody foto!!! Was delicious!

1 comment:

  1. Oh gosh i am so very proud of you.... and yes you are right.... NO FREAKIN CHOCOLATE.. so if you got to macca's and you do have to eat something, cause you should not let you body go into starvation mode, then order a burger, chuck out the bun (so FULL of sugar) and just have the meat and the salad.. that way your getting your protein that your body needs... that is if you can stand the taste of their meat patties... LOVE YA GUTS XXX

    ReplyDelete